Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Government and the DMV

I want to rant.

I want to rave.

Uggh!

The government and all their "rules" and "regulations."

Curse those 9/11 terrorists!!

It used to be so easy to visit the USA.

We have been to the DMV 3 times now? Jeez, I have lost count. The first time we were told what we had to have documentation-wise, and so we did.

Next time, we had the "correct" documents, but Marijke didn't pass the test. :(

Today, she passed the test (yeah!!), but now we're told of yet another form we're supposed to provide.

And, may I add, that the TONE in which we were told was not very lady-like....think opposite of that...female dog range....

Well, that did not make Marijke feel loved.

In my attempt to find the correct form (which, by the way, DMV-lady, the I-20 form is for COLLEGE students, not high school exchange students), I happened upon this blog of a foreigner who has lived nearly 5 years in the US and is experiencing State Department woes. She gives great perspective on life in the US. http://izabela.korwel.net/

So, tomorrow, Marijke's 17th birthday, we will *hopefully* be fully armed with documents, passports, money.

No comments:

Post a Comment